SCHOOL BOARD TRUSTEE ELECTION INFORMATION
Date and Location of Next Trustee Election (Tex. Gov't Code 2051.152(a)(3))
The date of the district's next election will be the first Saturday in May of each year.
Election Date : May 7, 2022
- Panhandle ISD Administration Building
- 1001 Elsie Avenue
- Panhandle, TX 79068
Requirements and Deadline for Filing For Candidacy (Tex. Gov't Code 2051.152(a)(4))
An application for a place on the ballot must be in writing; signed, sworn to by the candidate before a person authorized to administer an oath, and dated; timely filed with the district's filing authority; and contain specified information about the candidate:
- the candidate's name, date of birth, and occupation;
- the candidate's residence address or the address at which the candidate receives mail with a description of the location of the candidate's residence;
- the candidate's length of continuous residence in Texas and in the district (and single member district, if applicable) as of the date the candidate swears t the application;
- if available, a public mailing address and email address at which the candidate receives correspondence relating to the candidate's campaign;
- the office sought, including any place or other distinguishing number and an indication of whether the office sought is for a full or unexpired term;
- statements that the candidate is a U.S. citizen; and has not been determined by a court to be mental incapacitated; has not been convicted of a felony; is aware of the nepotism law; and swears an oath t support and defend the U.S. and Texas Constitutions and laws.
- is a United States citizen;
- is 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election or on the date of appointment, as applicable;
- has not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote;
- has not been convicted of a felony;
- has resided continuously in the state for 12 months and in the territory from which the office is elected for six months immediately preceding the following date:
- for an independent candidate, the date of the regular filing deadline for a candidate's application for a place on the ballot;
- for a write-in candidate, the date of the election at which the candidate's name is written in; or
- for an appointee to an office, the date the appointment is made;
- is registered to vote in the territory from which the office is elected on the date described above; and
- satisfies any of the eligibility requirements prescribed by law for the office.
- To be elected to a school board, an individual must be a qualified voter: 18 years of age or older, a U.S. citizen, a Texas resident for 12 months,, a registered voter, a resident of the district for 6 months befefore filing, not determined to be totally or partially mentally incapacitated by an appropriate court, and not finally convicted of a felony. Tex. Educ. Code 11.061.
- A person is ineligible to serve on a school board if the person has been convicted of a felony or n offense under Texas Penal Coded section 43.02(b) regarding prostitution. Tex. Educ. Code 11.066.
The first day to file an application for a place on the ballot in a school district's general election is the 30th day before the filing deadline. The filing deadline for a general election is 5:00 PM on the 78th day before an election day. Tex. Educ. Code 11.055(1); Tex. Elec. Code 144.005. The deadline to file a declaration of write-in candidacy is 5:00 PM on the 74th day before election.
Deadline to file candidate appleication 2022
- Wednesday, January 19.2022
- Friday, Februay 18.2022
Candidacy Filing - Local Political Subdivisions
Laws and Procedures Pertaining to Local Election Officials (Cities, Schools and Other Political Subdivisions)
Notice for Deadline to Fill Applications for Place on the Ballot
Notice of Election
Order for Election
Running for a Local Office
Terms, Qualifications, and Vacancies
Voter Registration Requirements for Candidates (House Bill 484) Frequently Asked Questions
For more information, call Panhandle ISD Administration Office at 806-537-3568.
P.O. Box 1030
Panhandle, TX 79068