Panhandle ISD is committed to a safe and nurturing environment for all students. PISD recognizes that accidental exposure to allergens can be reduced in the school setting, and believes in a joint cooperation with parents, students, and physicians. In accordance with this, Panhandle ISD strives to:
- Provide a safe and healthy learning environment for students with food allergies;
- Reduce the likelihood of severe or potentially life-threatening allergic reactions;
- Ensure a rapid and effective response in the case of a severe or potentially life-threatening allergic reaction; and
- Protect the rights of food-allergic students to participate in all school activities.
This philosophy is based upon The Guidelines for the Care of Students with Food Allergies At-risk for Anaphylaxis developed by the Texas Department of State Health Services available at :
DSHS – At-Risk for Anaphylaxis
- If your student has a chronic medical condition, they will need to have an action plan on file in the nurse’s office.
- All action plans will need to be signed by the guardian and the doctor.
- If you do not see an action plan listed here that is applicable to your student’s condition, please contact the school nurse.
Kids With Food Allergies
Jennifer Benson - (806) 537-3579